Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Artist Studies

I admit it. I am terrible when it comes to studying the arts. It's not that I don't think they are important. I am just so worn out by the time we are done with everything else, I am too lazy to start a picture or composer study. 

This week I turned on my Vivaldi link from my curriculum page. Silly me. I forgot how much more relaxing the day proceeds when there is classical music playing in the background. I did have to skip a few songs though. They are on the list but they are a modernization of original pieces of music. So there is guitar and keyboards in it. We listened to the playlist all day. 

I also found this great website for Pablo Picasso. A lot of his art work is available there. I saved a copy of the pictures I want to study onto my computer. This week we are studying The Three Musicians. I made the picture my background on my computer for the week. We all sat and studied it for awhile. We discussed the things we saw. After a few minutes I asked the kids to close their eyes and tell me what they remember. My 7yo remembered the guitar, the "flute", the dog, the 3 people... My 5yo did not remember anything. Well, It is an emerging skill and it was only the first day. We will look at the picture all week long. I hope by Friday they can maybe sketch their own versions. 

I wanted to make an artist album like this mom does on Charlotte Mason Help. I can't seem to figure out how to print off the pictures though. Every time I try to print them off from home, my computer crops off the top and side. ERGH!!! I spent an hour yesterday trying to resize it. finally I gave up. I am going to have to figure out another way to print them off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment