Friday, June 22, 2012

My Favorite Things



When I got pregnant with my first baby, I registered for Gerber cloth diapers, pins, and rubber pants. I never intended on cloth diapering full time but I wanted to have the option if I ever needed them. I did try them out once. I left them on my baby for about a half hour. I spent the whole time obsessing over whether or not I had the pin in right or if it would pop open and stab him in the stomach. I ended up taking the diaper off him before he even had a chance to pee in it. I used those diapers as burp rags from then on. 

This time around, with the support of some friends and family more knowledgeable on the subject, I learned how easy cloth diapering can be. It is a good thing too because this baby seems to be allergic to disposable diapers and wipes.

Modern cloth diapers do not need to be folded and pinned. Long gone are the days of rubber pants. Cloth diapers come in a large variety of styles. Instead of pins, they use snaps or velcro just like disposables. 

I got my first diapers from Econobum. The only complaint I have is that the prefolds that come in the package are too big for a newborn really. I fixed the problem easily enough by buying a package of Gerber  prefolds. They are a good size for the first 3-4 months. 

It has been 3 months and I have bought several other kinds of cloth diapers but these are still my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment