Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 11 Labor Day

We did not take the day off  today like the rest of the schools. We got right to work. 

It always seems that the first month or so of school is all about finding what works and what doesn't. Twizzler has been really struggling with his copywork. For one thing, he is not reading on grade level  so copying from a poem is not helping. Secondly, He is just now getting the fine motor skills that he needs to develop his handwriting. I ordered the Happy Handwriting workbook today. It is made by the same company who made Skittle's Cheerful Cursive. I hope that we can take a step back and focus on letter formation for a little while. He is still getting a lot of practice writing words with the English and spelling work he is doing. 
  1. Skittles got his dictation correct on the first try. 
  2. We got our back packs ready for co-op this Friday. We are looking forward to getting back to school and seeing our friends. I got all of my teaching supplies ready too. 
  3. Skittles and Twizzler tried hummus today. It is a favorite snack of Hershey's and mine. Skittles liked it, Twizzler did not. 
  4. Twizzler took out the trash today. Normally both boys take a small bag of recycling but today he took the big bag of trash. He is so helpful. 
  5. I made vegetarian stuffed peppers for the first time in my life. I made them with quinoa instead of rice. They sure looked beautiful. Hershey gobbled his all up. The rest of us thought it was okay but I doubt I will ever make it like that again. I have probably 10 stuffed pepper recipes on Pinterest that I have not tried yet. 
  6. Hershey pooped on the potty. He even came to me and showed me that he needed to go. :) When it was time to flush the potty, he waved goodbye and even blew kisses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment