Monday, January 17, 2011

Poet Study

This year as a part of our Literature, we have been studying Robert Louis Stevenson. He is fast becoming one of my favorite authors and poets. Each week I pick out a poem from Stevenson's A Child's Garden of Verses. I get them from this website,  The Poetry Lover's Page
I try to choose a poem that fits into a subject we are studying that week. After I a choose which poem I like, I run a Google image search for a picture that will help illustrate the poem. Then I open up a paint document and copy the image and the poem. 

Then the poetry sheet goes into my son's Literature sleeve in his work binder. He reads it aloud daily. We keep the poem for a week and discuss it. 
At the end of the year we will compile all of the poems and do a bit of research on life of Stevenson. We might even try reading Treasure Island this summer. 


He was such a remarkable man! Robert Louis Stevenson website

No comments:

Post a Comment