Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up


I really don't have much to show and tell this week by way of schooling. We "took this week off"... kind of.  

Monday we had our homeschool group's Valentine's Day Party. It was held at a local playground. The weather was perfect! Sunny and warm. It was so much fun. We had around 45 kids plus all the Moms. It seems that at our co-op and meetings we have brief little talks between classes and such but I really got to have some good conversations with the other Moms at the party. I wish we could do it more often. They are a great group of ladies. The kids had a blast too. Of course they stuffed themselves full of cookies and candy and then ran off their sugar buzz all around the playground! I just love watching my kids run around and play with their friends. They are building friendships that will last a lifetime. We all are. 

Tuesday we had our Social Studies fair. The boys and I have been working really hard on their projects. Skittles made a Geography Lapbook and Twizzler made a Community Helpers Lapbook. We learned a lot about our community and American history over the last 6 weeks. Now we are going to have to get to work on our science fair ideas... Hmmmm....? Got any????

Wednesday We drove up to Jacksonville and picked up my Father-in-law from the airport. We got back from Jacksonville with barely enough time to eat and head to church. My boys are RAs and I teach GAs. Being a Mom of 2 boys I really look forward to my Wednesday nights with the girls! 

Thursday I had no illusions that I would be able to teach any school the first day PawPaw was in town... LOL!!!  I need to wait until the novelty wears off before I can get them to focus on school. They to the Daytona Speedway to help out in our Church's Raceway Ministry booth. They helped staple together packages of cookies to hand out to passers-by. They also got to sit in a REAL race car!!!! 

Friday is always a busy day. It is the day we go to co-op. I LOVE my co-op. My kids take 4 classes each. They have made a bunch of friends. We are blessed with a great group of families and friends there. In fact I have so many great things to say about them.. I am going to have to remember to Blog about them in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment