Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dr. Seuss

The first book I ever remember having read to me was Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. What is it about that silly story that is so fun? I love Dr. Seuss's stories. They are timeless. Tomorrow is his birthday and so we have been reading some of his books this week. Yesterday, Skittles read, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut. Today he read Horton Hatches an Egg. He is learning about the parts of a story. So after reading I asked him, "What was the main idea? What was the first thing that happened? then what? and finally?"


Twizzler and I read Yertle the Turtle yesterday and today. We also read Gertrude Mcfuzz. Both stories are amusing and have a great lesson to be learned. Along with reading the stories we are going to be doing some other fun activities I got from 2 Teaching Mommies 

I also found a neat little biography on the good doctor and a website dedicated to his works of art. Also check out Seussville for games activities and printables.

Tomorrow I will be making green eggs and ham for lunch. It is really easy to do. You just mix green food coloring into the eggs, I leave the ham alone. Skittles is allergic to dye so instead of regular food coloring I use India Tree Food coloring.  It is a bit more expensive and the colors are not as bright but it is completely organic and makes food fun, colorful, and safe. 

Before I end this I want to add a link to Dr. Seuss's top 10 quotes. I love them all...

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”  DrSeuss 

No comments:

Post a Comment