Friday, March 25, 2011

My Favorite Things...




Yesterday I mentioned that I got a set of Cuisenaire Rods from a friend of mine. I have LOVED Cuisenaire Rods for about 10 years now. I used them to teach other people's children. Each classroom in my school had a set. I took a training course on them and even have a pretty certificate that says I am qualified to teach Math with Cuisenaire Rods. But I never had a set of my own until this week. I think If I had them all along I probably would not have wanted to rip my hair out when I was trying to teach Math this year. I am so excited to have these manipulatives in my Math drawer. I can use them to teach counting, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, algebra, measurement, area, perimeter, and volume. Maybe I can teach myself some of these things. If you want to know more about Cuisenaire Rods check out Mark At ETA/Cuisenaire or go to ETA Cuisenaire.com. If I could change one thing about them, it would be that they were marked at each ones space like the manipulatives for Math U See. Which are FABULOUS and would be one of my favorite things, except that I did not get them for free and quite honestly anything I have to pay $35 for is not going to be one of my favorite things. Yes, I am that cheap thrifty poor.



 BTW, I have absolutely no affiliation with Cuisenaire Rods ETA! They have not given me a penny to say any of these things. I am a humble homeschool Mom who found a product I LOVE so much that I can't keep it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment