Thursday, March 24, 2011

♫ ♪ Great is Thy Faithfulness ♫ ♪



God is SO good. My favorite way to worship Him is through music. I have been walking around singing ♫ ♪Great is Thy faithfulness♫ ♪ all week. Today I read one of my favorite blogs, Fur Lined Toilet Seats, It was Thankful Thursday. It reminded me of that time of praise we have every Sunday morning at our church. God has blessed me this week and I want to share. 

First of all, I have been dreading doing our taxes. It took me until Friday to pull everything out and get to work on them. I knew we wouldn't owe anything but I still have anxiety just thinking about taxes. It feels like so much responsibility. I am always afraid I will mess something up. That is why I use one of those idiot proof online tax programs. I can honestly say that for the first time in my life, my taxes were simple this year! They were simple because we are really poor.  Fortunately, we have already been through the whole keeping up with the Jones' period of our life. We learned that the Jones' are drowning in debt and have little to no enjoyment in life because they are working non stop to pay their ever mounting bills, but I digress... I was telling you how blessed we are. Despite having a smaller income than ever before, we got the biggest tax return ever. Yes folks, we are so poor that the government has to give us money to bring us up to poverty level. Of course that money is going into savings. I have no idea what plans God has for it but I hope it involves a house in my grandparents neighborhood. 

My second blessing came the next day. A friend from church who used to homeschool told me she was cleaning out her old school stuff and wanted to know if I wanted to go through it and pick out some things. I went there empty handed and left with 5 boxes of books and other goodies. I felt like a kid in a candy store!!! I think I am all set for the next 6 years of homeschool. I have amazing living books, classical literature, and even a Math curriculum for next year!!! You all know how stressed I have been about choosing a Math program. I can't wait to give this one a try. Along with the Math curriculum she gave me a set of Cuisenaire Rods, geoboards, counting bears, and place values blocks. She also gave us a telescope, microscope, rock collection, and small human body with all organs and systems. Oh, and before I left she even gave me some yummy fresh veggies from her garden. WOW! I am blessed to have such a giving friend! 

♫ ♪All I have needed thy hand hath provided, great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!♫ ♪

No comments:

Post a Comment