Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Lapbook

This week we have really focused on Easter. Skittles worked on a unit study that I got for free from School Express.  If you are not already signed up for their free weekly unit study, do it now. It is fabulous. I use these units all the time for special studies. Easter is pretty special, so, I used the unit. It was neat it covered the history of Easter. It had some fun stuff in it too. It was fun for my him to get through. I even found some copywork pages for him that were Easter themed. 

Twizzler and I made a Resurrection Lapbook together. I got a lot of the links and printables from Confessions of a Homeschooler.  It was a lot of fun to put together. One thing I like to do with my lapbooks is make them like a folder game. So they are not just making it and putting it away. but we can get it out and play with it over and over. Here are my pictures of the lapbook. 
I got the cover from here

The inside first fold. I got the Easter song from here. We've been singing it all week. 

The inside unfolds out farther. I have a mini-book for the Easter Story and for the Bible verse

  I made this mini-book from this worksheet. I cut it up after he completed it. 
The counting eggs, puzzle, and How We Celebrate book from Confessions of a Homeschooler. 

This matching game came with my egg dying kit. It also had all the stickers that my Pre-K used to decorate the book.

I got this science experiment page from 2 Teaching Mommies Easter Unit

 I got the handwriting page and the easter basket from First School.

I got this writing activity from Twisty Noodle. I cut it in half and put the picture over the writing. 

Finally, for the back cover I let him pick out a coloring page from his spring coloring book.

Here are some more links to Easter printables. 

Here are some more Easter Lapbook links.

I have not looked through all of the lapbooks but I am sure you will find some things that you like. 
Have a blessed and joyful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment