Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My not so Wordless Wednesday

Today should be Wordless Wednesday but I have been wordless since Saturday and it is time to update my blog. 

I went to the Learning Rx and began talking about a plan of action for Skittles. The price is unreal!!! I understand that it is a great resource and the results are guaranteed but I am not a millionaire. We are currently working on a plan to get him the cognitive training he needs. The evaluator at the Learning Rx also seemed to think my son was exhibiting signs of Aspergers and possibly Sensory Integration Dysfuntion

I took him to a psychologist to get an official diagnosis. No big surprise, he was officially diagnosed with ADHD.  The doctor seemed to be trying really hard to sell me on the idea of medication. I am not buying it yet though. He also said that he saw signs of Aspergers and Sensory Integration Disorder but he wants to concentrate on treating his ADHD before he makes those diagnosis. We have to get some blood work and an EKG and meet back with him in a couple weeks. 

In the meantime, I have changed his diet a little more. I put him on the Feingold diet. I am reading ingredient labels even more than I ever did before. I can't believe all the junk that they put in kids food!!! I am especially angry that a lot of the foods that participate the Education Box Tops, are full of unnatural and potentially harmful ingredients!!!! We are having a contest to raise money for our homeschool group with box tops. We are not doing to well. It looks like I am going to have to go stock up on paper products to keep up with the group. 

We are also still giving him the vitamin supplements I mentioned before. They really do make a marked difference in his behavior! On Easter Sunday, he sat still as a stone and was able to focus on our church's entire Easter program. That is incredibly impressive especially considering he had eaten some of his Easter chocolate before we left the house, he knew we were heading to Nana's for an egg hunt after church, and the big one... we were heading to DISNEY WORLD after Easter dinner! Do you know any kids who could sit still with all of that going on? He did! 

We are continuing with the behavioral therapist who we meet with again next Wednesday. I am also looking into getting him some occupational therapy. I am really hoping to get some financial assistance for all of these therapists. Especially the cognitive therapy which is the most expensive so far. 

I truly believe it is a matter of prayer. I know I am on the right track. I have never doubted for a moment that God has great things in store for this little boy! There is not one diagnosis they could ever deliver to me that I don't believe he can overcome! After all... I was told he would not survive on more than one occasion and he sure showed them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment