Wednesday, April 6, 2011

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...




Today is a day that shall be marked in history..... I bought, for the first time ever, TEXTBOOKS!!! Actually, I bought 3 books that I have already been using for the past 2 years. They are from the Core Knowledge series, What Your _____ Grader Should Know. I have been borrowing these books from the library on and off since I began homeschooling. Today I got the Kindergartner, First Grader, and Second Grader books.  They are not boring old textbooks. They are full of poetry, artwork, great literature, and musical studies. There are also science, history, and math lessons. The reading is short and fun.

The books have many great teaching ideas and a list of further resources. There are also free activities, resources, and lesson plans on the Core Knowledge website. It is a great site I have used it many times before. 

I am not sure that I would even call these books textbooks. They are not boring. They are full of some of the greatest works that humankind has ever produced. There is not one paragraph of twaddle in the whole book. I love that the Math activities are all hands on. They make a great addition to every homeschool library. If you are not sure, go to your local library and check one out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment