- We read about a woman who discovered the indigo plant and used it to dye wool. Then we drew an indigo plant and a rice plant in our history journals. We also marked John Winthrop on our timeline with his name and a small rice plant.
- In English, we talked more about nouns and labeled nouns that name people and nouns that name things.
- Twizzler got EVERY spelling word correct! He likes me to draw a smiley face and an A+ on his paper when he gets them all right.
- Skittles has been doing great with his dictation for the past few weeks. Now that he understands how important punctuation and capitalization are.
- Hershey and I read a book together. It was not really for his age level though so he lost interest pretty fast.
- Twizzler and Skittles had a sleep over with 2 of their best buddies.
- Hershey and I got to have some time together, just the 2 of us. We ate pizza and ice cream for dinner. Then we popped popcorn and watched Les Misérable. Except for Anne Hatheway's performance, I did not like it. they dragged out unnecessary scenes and omitted scenes that I feel were needed. But I suppose it would have been a trilogy if they actually included the whole story line from the book.
Saturday, October 12, 2013
Catch Up Day
Today we had to play catch up because of the school we missed on Thursday.