Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Taxes

In history we learned about the American revolution. We read about how the colonists felt they were being taxed unfairly. After our history reading I gave the kids their allowance... and then I taxed them for using water during bath time, using electricity while watching TV, and using extra butter and syrup on their breakfast waffles. By the time I was done taxing them, they had only a dime each. I asked them if they thought it was fair for me to tax them like that. Then we decided to try again and this time we voted. I asked them to raise their hands if they wanted to take long showers. The vote was 3 to 1 in favor of long showers so I levied a 10 cent tax. The vote for extra TV time was unanimously voted against.. They decided to save their money and go play on the playground.
  1. Skittles made a really nice sketch of a bird in science. He is becoming quite a little artist.
  2. Twizzler's writing is really coming along. He had to come up with a word that starts with a hard u sound and he came up with "use."
  3. Hershey tried to follow his brothers out the door today when they were heading off to the playground. When I asked him where he was going, he pointed to the door and said, "Play mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment