- Today we started with English because it has been the hardest subject for us to get through recently. Getting it out of the way right away worked out really well.
- After English, math, and reading were done, I let the boys have a play break. The weather outside was just too nice to keep them locked inside. I even cleaned off the back patio and let the toddlers play out there.
- The tots played with cars on the car rug for a while. Then it got quiet and I realized they were experimenting with the plants. Luckily they just helped motivate me to transplant my Christmas cactus into its permanent home.
- In history we read about Daniel Boone building the wilderness road. Then we made lists of things we would find in a rural area and things we would find in an urban area. I asked them if we live in an urban area or rural area. They said urban. I asked them what kind of animals you find in an urban area. My kids responses, "lizards, frogs, alligators." LOL.... Can you tell we live in Florida?
- Speaking of Florida, I sang, "My Florida Alphabet" today. Hershey sang along with me a little bit.
- The kids claim that they have learned to fly from their science book. I hope they don't test that theory... hmmmmm.... They are being quiet. I should really go check on them.
Monday, January 27, 2014
SIL and I survived another day in a tiny apartment with 6 kids. LOL