Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2 Sick Kids and a Migraine

Last night I taught a class at my church. When I walked out of church, I felt fine but somewhere on the car ride home, the kids and I all got sick. About a block from the house, Skittles told me that his whole body was hurting. When I took Hershey out of the carseat, he was BURNING UP. And I had a headache out of nowhere. I took Skittles and Hershey's temperatures and they were both at 102. So I gave them both some tylenol and put them to bed. While I was getting Hershey to sleep, I started to feel worse and worse. By the time he had both of his breathing treatments and had drifted off to sleep, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. My whole body was hurting and my head hurt. I assumed it was from exhaustion. I decided to go to bed early and try to sleep it off. As the night went on, my headache got worse. Finally it was so bad that I could not sleep. I could not stand up straight or open my eyes all the way. I fumbled through the medicine cabinet and managed to find some ibuprofen. It took the edge off but my brain still felt like it was in a vice.

Skittles and Hershey still had a fever this morning although Hershey's had gone down. I sent Skittles back to bed with another dose of ibuprofen. I stayed in bed with Hershey and watched Disney movies most of the morning. Twizzler spent the whole day playing video games. After lunch I put Hershey down for a nap and I took an Excedrin Migraine and napped with him. When I woke up I felt great. Well "great" might be an exaggeration but after feeling like my brain was going to burst for about 12 hours, by comparison, I felt great.

So we did not do any school today. I only came here to tell you one amazing bit of news....

HERSHEY HAS DECIDED TO POTTY TRAIN!!! I have no idea why but ever since Friday he has been asking me to take him potty. He has only peed in his diaper 3 times in the past 2 days and 2 of those times were over night and the other time was while at the child care at church. I forgot to tell the nursery worker that he is using the potty.

I am just as surprised as you are. He is not even going to be 2 for another month and a half. I was not planning on starting potty training until after his birthday. I am not complaining. I am just surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment