Saturday, February 15, 2014

Same Blog, New Look!

When I logged into my Blogger account this afternoon, I saw that my blog page was completely blank. After looking into it I figured out that my adorable, free template had been deleted. It looks like I have to pay $20 to redownload the template. As cute as it was, I just can't justify spending that kind of money on a blog that is only read by a few of my friends and family. I am not blogging for profit or anything. This is more like an accountability project. It helps me record what we are learning and it keeps me focused on the good things that happen every day which is especially important on the days I want to rip my hair out.

I got my new blog background from Shabby Blogs. I have used their backgrounds before. They are so stinking cute and you can't beat the price, free.

Let me know what you think of the new look.

School went well this week.  Here are a few things that we learned.
  1. We started a new science book. We are learning about pioneer life. We learned that a fire needs oxygen to burn. We experimented with a candle in a jar. When we put a glass lid on it, the flame went out almost instantly. 
  2. Twizzler has been really struggling in math. He is just making little mistakes. The problems have multiple steps now to get the answer and he is having a hard time getting through it. We are slowing things down a lot. I am letting him take his time and spend a couple of days on each lesson so that he is not spending all day doing math. 
  3. In history we read about Lewis and Clark. We read about how Captain Clark made friends with the American Indians. When he lit his pipe to smoke with them using a burning glass, they refused to smoke with him because they thought he had brought fire down from the sky. 
  4. In English, the boys are studying adjectives. Adjectives are words we use to describe a noun. We spent most of the week describing the size, shape, and color of everything. 
We had a busy week. Now that we are all over our little bout of flu, we were able to get back on schedule. 
  • Monday I taught my class at church. I feel blessed that I get to serve God with this ministry. 
  • Tuesday was park day. The weather was LOVELY. I could have stayed all day. Hershey is finally at the age where I can sit in the chair and talk to the other moms and just keep a close eye on him. 
  • Wednesday night I got to go to church. The message was AWESOME. It was all about Joseph being down in the pit. It was such a blessing to me because I was in a very deep pit a year ago. 
  • Thursday was CRAZY! We went to a homeschool Valentine's day party at the local roller rink. There was a great turn out. We all had so much fun. Then we came home, rushed through our school work and then headed off to soccer. Twizzler did a great job blocking goals. That night SIL and I stayed up late and planned a fun scavenger hunt for the kids to find their Valentines. 
  • Friday we had co-op. Skittles Excellence in Writing teacher has stopped me twice to tell me what a great job he is doing. Hershey made an adorable peacock out of the letter P in my letter of the week class.  Friday night we took the kids to a Valentine's ball at church. They dressed up like princes and princesses. That gave SIL and me a chance to have a mom's night out for once. We went out to dinner with another single mom to a grown up restaurant. Everyone had fun except my infant niece who was less than thrilled that she did not get to go with her Mommy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment