Thursday, March 6, 2014

Evil Weevils

So we were supposed to make the Johnny cakes for dinner. I checked to be sure I had all the ingredients and laid them all out next to the mixer. I had Skittles pour out the first ingredient, one cup of flour. Then I asked Twizzler to get 1 cup of cornmeal. He asked me, "Is it supposed to be crawling?" EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There were weevils all over the bag. So gross!!!!!!!!! I threw away the bag of bugs and all the things that I store it with. Luckily it was contained to my baking ingredients because I keep all my foods in giant thick plastic bags that seal shut. I thought I was keeping bugs out but I guess I was keeping bugs in. The bag BTW was full of weevils. Yuck... I just tossed the whole bag. Then I told the kids to put on their shoes and we ate at Chik-Fil-A.
  1. The boys woke me up this morning fighting over their English assignment BUT they were doing it together and without me. 
  2. Hershey got a birthday present tonight. It was a Thomas. He kept asking me, "Help. Want choo-choo out." We will open it tomorrow. 
  3. Skittles and I had a disagreement about his reading narration this afternoon. I want him to write 3 sentences about each chapter. One for the beginning, middle, and end. He thought that I should just video tape him reading and send that in for our end of the year evaluation. I counter offered to let him write an entire page about each chapter. He retracted his argument and decided to write the 3 sentences. 
  4. Twizzler kept a close eye on Hershey in the play area at Chik-Fil-A. I can't go up in that thing with him. I am thankful I have 2 helpers.

No comments:

Post a Comment