Thursday, April 3, 2014

We Did REAL Science Today


  1. Hershey did math work today. He played a counting game on the tablet. I was happily surprised to see that he actually knows 2 objects when he sees them. 
  2. Twizzler got 100% again in math today. He got one problem wrong but he made it up during the bonus round. 
  3. Skittles cuddled up next to me and read the next chapter of Henry and Ribsy with me. It was about Henry and his dad going fishing. It was a tough one for me to listen to. I had to hold back tears. 
  4. We actually did science in our science lesson!!! I was so excited.I love my curriculum but I wish I had bought the optional extra science book this year. We learned about optical illusions. We taped a fish cut from aluminum foil to the bottom of a glass bowl, (side note: a plastic square tub does not work.) We taped the fish to the bottom of the bowl and then filled it with water. The boys watched as it looked like the fish moved from the bottom of the bowl to the top. 
  5. In history we read about Abraham Lincoln as a child. Skittles said, "I already knew all of this stuff." He did a project on Lincoln for President's Day. 
  6. Hershey was looking at himself in the mirror tonight. Gpa noticed and asked him, "Who is that?" Hershey replied, "Hershey." Except of course, he used his real name, not his candy name. Gpa asked him, "How do you know that? how do you know it is not a fish?" Hershey said, "FISH!" and pointed to the white board that had our science experiment written on it. He is a genius I tell ya. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment