Friday, May 9, 2014

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

  1. Today was our end of the year party at the beach. Our homeschool group met at the beach for a few hours. I almost didn't go because Twizzler is just getting over strep. I decided to go for just a couple of hours. All three kids had a blast with their friends. 
  2. When we got home the kids jumped right into school work... I may have given them a little nudge. 
  3. Meanwhile, I put Hershey down for a nap. He was so tired from the beach that he cuddled up in my arms and fell asleep. 
  4. I was able to get a sewing project done. It was something I have never tried before. I had to sew in an invisible zipper. I was pretty nervous about it. It was much easier than I thought it would be. I just had to find the right video tutorial. How did people learn to sew before You Tube? haha. 
  5. At dinner, I had a great discussion with my kids about respecting other people's beliefs. I asked them, "What would you do if someone told you that they do not believe in God?" Skittles said that he would tell them how great God is. I asked, "But what if they still did not believe?" He said he would give them a bible. I said that is a great idea but you might not always have a bible to give. I told the boys that the best response is to tell the person. "Okay. If you ever have any questions about God, you can ask me." I told them to never hurt a person's feelings because they are not a christian. Skittles and Twizzler both seemed to already understand this. I wish I could remember the profound things that they said to me but about a million things have happened since then. I am very proud of them though. I believe that the best way to be a witness for Jesus is to show His love. You can't bully a person into a relationship with God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment