Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Awana

I am so tired. It was a fun but long day. School went well. We went to the park and hung out with our park friends. I can't tell you how much good it does me to hang out with other moms. I know it does the kids good too. 


Tonight we went to church. I forgot to mention last week that Lochlan is a PUGGLE! Puggles are the first club in Awana. That means he is ready to learn about God's word. Awana is a program that teaches children the word of God and equips them to go out into the world and share what they know. This is Skittles and Twizzler's third year. Skittles has moved up into the Challenge group which is the final level. Twizzler is now in TnT (Truth and Training). They already know more bible verses than I do, I am sure. Even more than just knowing the word, I have seen and heard them using it to comfort others and be a witness. I am so proud of them all. 

Back to our school day though... 
  • In language, Skittles worked on the parts of a sentence. He had to circle the subject and underline the predicate. He did great. Twizzler copied more of his poem. Hershey colored a picture of a fly for the letter F. 
  • Both boys got a 95% in math. 
  • Twizzler learned how to write the letters V and v in cursive. He did a great job. 
  • Hershey colored a flute green. I know that is a weird color for a flute but he happened to have a green toy flute in his hand from a birthday party we went to this weekend so that is the color he chose. 
  • In history we read a little bit more about Ishmael. Then they journaled the things that they know about him and drew a picture of what they think he looked like. 
  • Twizzler is only struggling with one of his spelling words. He keeps wanting to spell it with 'll" at the end instead of 'ff'. Skittles has some really hard words. I am hoping that he will have them memorized by tomorrow. I used 4 of his spelling words as vocabulary words to look up as well; hygiene, contagious, exaggerate, and rummage.
  • We skipped science today. 
  • Skittles read another chapter in his book club book, Number the Stars. Twizzler read more of his Star Wars book. Hershey and I read Are You Ticklish... And then a dozen more books before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment