- Skittles language lesson was to copy another stanza of his poem. Twizzler copied the months, September, October, November, and December.
- Both boys got 100% in math.
- They did a great job writing.
- In history we read about what happened after Joseph was reunited with his brothers in Egypt. The boys wrote about the years of famine.
- Today in spelling, when the boys got a word wrong during their oral review, I had them copy the word correctly. Charlotte Mason said children need to see the word written correctly in order to memorize it. There are many learning styles though. If they copy it themselves, they are seeing it correctly spelled, they are writing it out them selves, and then I have them read it out loud to me. so they are saying and hearing the correct spelling.
- In science the boys followed instruction on how to draw a deer.
- In reading Skittles read chapter 8 of the Phantom Menace and narrated to me how Anakin saved Jar-Jar from Sebulba and then escorted them all to his house when a sand storm kicked up. Gunnar read a few more pages of his Star Wars book. His narration made me giggle.
"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, Today in the story the pirate gang that always stole treasure from ships. And their leader was called Hondo and he had a big spaceship with a big symbol that was a big red symbol. After they did that, they brought Anakin and Ob-wan to their base. They like to play games and dance on the table."
- Finally Skittles wrote about a party he witnessed this weekend for Awana. and Twizzler memorized a few verses for his book.