Last night there was an insane rainstorm. Most of the city streets and yards are flooded. The park where we usually have park day was closed due to flooding. Luckily we had a back up plan. We heard about a place that offers parkour classes to kids. My kids have been yelling "PARKOUR!" and jumping around the furniture for months because they saw it on a Minecraft video. It reminds me of an episode of the Office. Basically parkour is finding creative ways to get around from place to place. They are going to learn a lot of gymnastics flips and moves. Today was the first day and we were a bit late due to car trouble but they had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back.
- In language lessons, Skittles added the punctuation to a story. Twizzler wrote out the days of the week in order.
- Hershey colored a picture of grapes purple.
- In math, Skittles reviewed multiplication again and got a 100% Twizzler took his first quiz for this disc and got a 91%.
- In writing Twizzler has learned how to write all of the letters of the alphabet in cursive so today, he wrote some words and practiced the capital letters A-L.
- We read about Joseph in history. We talked about his relationship with his brothers and what happened as a result. In their journals, they wrote about how Jacob tricked his father to receive a blessing. Then how he was tricked on his wedding day. And then they wrote about how Joseph's brothers treated him.
- We practiced the spelling words and the boys copied their sentences.
- In science we had an experiment to do. We learned how the wind makes waves and causes water currents. We filled a baking dish with water and then put a couple drops of food coloring in one end. Then the boys took turns blowing across the top of the water and watching the coloring move until it was finally all mixed up.
- Skittles read about when the star ship the Jedi were on had a leak in their hyper drive. SIGH. It closely mirrored our car problems today. Thankfully I did not get stuck on Tattooine, Twizzler read about Ashoka returning Jabba's son to him. He was very relieved.
- And then tonight we practiced our Awana books on the way to church.