Not really, but I did get to tour a chocolate factory with my family today. A bunch of homeschoolers in the area met at the chocolate factory down the road from my house and took the tour. Unfortunately as we were walking out the door, Hershey had an asthma attack. So I had to stop and give him a breathing treatment. We were a few minutes late for the tour and when we got there, poor Hershey was still recovering and coughing like he was about to die or release Ebola onto the public. I finally took him out of tour and into the store area. He had fun watching the "choo-choo" circle over our heads. Skittles and Twizzler learned where chocolate comes from and how it goes from plant to dessert. The tour guide taught them the health benefits of chocolate and made sure that they all know that chocolate is a vegetable. Haha. After the tour we each got to pick out a sample. YUM!
- In language lessons, Twizzler capitalized the days of the week in some sentences. Skittles added punctuation marks to some sentences. Hershey colored a letter G and a giraffe.
- In math, Skittles reviewed multiplication and Twizzler learned about writing about dates.
- In writing, Twizzler learned how to make a cursive Z and z. He did great.
- In history we talked about Jacob and Esau. Then the boys drew pictures to compare the 2 brothers and wrote some things about each of them.
- After they copied their sentences in their Learn to Spell Through Copywork books, we did an oral review. Twizzler only got one word mixed up. Skittles also looked up the definition to some of his spelling words.
- In science we researched how to tell the age of a tree.
- Twizzler read some more of his Star Wars book and told me about how Ashoka rescued Jabba the Hutt's son. Skittles read chapter 3 of Number the Stars and wrote about the Mama Johnson.
- We finished our school day by working on Awana books together.