Monday, November 17, 2014

China

The weather was so beautiful this morning. I opened all the windows and let the breeze drift through the house. It was awesome. We all hung out in my room today. School work was every where. 
  • In language lessons, Skittles had to find the adjectives in some sentences. Twizzler had to finish up the lessons from last week and then start some copywork. I showed Hershey that acorn starts with A. Then he used bingo dotters to fill in the letter A.  
  • I had all 3 boys doing there math on a different computer today at the same time, in the same room. It was funny to me. Skittles was on my laptop, Twizzler was on the PC, and Hershey was on the other laptop playing Counting with Caillou. 
  • Skittles started the first lesson in Pictures in Cursive Book C. 
  • In history we read about China. We learned the legend of the silkworm and how silk is made. 
  • They read their science quietly to each other but they seemed to enjoy the story. Then they colored pictures of T-rex and triceratops. 
  • Twizzler read to Hershey again today. :) 
  • We really tackled the Awana books today. Neither boy had really done much work in their books since last Wednesday. 
I unintentionally added some flavor to our lesson on China by making stir fry for dinner. I Googled the origins of stir fry to be sure that it really is a Chinese dish.

I thought I would share my easy stir fry recipe for anyone interested. 

What you need...

fresh chicken (not frozen) 
1 bag of stir fry veggies
Soy sauce
rice 

First I chop up fresh chicken and toss it into a hot skillet. I set my stove to medium high heat. I add about 1/4 cup of soy sauce. I fry the chicken until it is cooked through. Then I add a package of frozen stir fry veggies and another 1/4 cup of soy sauce. Stir, stir, stir until the veggies are done and serve over brown rice. I know that tradition is over white rice but we eat brown rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment