Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Roy G. Biv

Today I split up the kids. Skittles and Hershey went with Nana and Gpa while Twizzler went to work with me. Twizzler got most of his schoolwork done in the car and brought the rest in to work on while I worked on this week's lesson plans. 

  • I am having the boys spend some time working on math facts this week. Skittles is working on each number times itself for example, 2x2, 5x5, 7x7, etc. Twizzler is working on his 3 times table. Very simply, I wrote down the complete math facts with answers. I had them copy them yesterday. Today they answered them and copied them again. Tomorrow they have to answer them without looking at the answers. Any that they get wrong they will copy again correctly, the same way we do spelling words. 
  • Twizzler learned about what makes a rainbow. I found some great resources on Lesson Pathways.  Today we watched the video about how rainbows are formed. Then he drew a rainbow using colored pencils.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment