Monday, May 16, 2011

Summer "break"

Yes, we are on summer break. This is our first Monday off and I have spent the whole day trying to keep the kids entertained. We are already bored and that is after watching a space shuttle launch this morning. 

Last year I decided to "unschool" through the summer. I let the kids lead our learning. We still made our weekly trips to the library but instead of Mommy picking out the majority of the books, I let the kids pick them all. We learned all about Mars and the space program. We spent most of our days at the pool or the library. It was fantastic. I plan on doing the same thing this summer. 

54437
I am also going to be starting my 5yo on the Abeka K-4 program. Maybe 1 or 2 activities a day. He still struggles to identify all of his letters and letter sounds. I think he will benefit from some one on one time with Mommy through the summer. I used this program with my other son when he was the same age and it really prepared him for Kindergarten. 


I also intend on sampling several Math curriculum with my 7yo. I will spend about 2 weeks on each one and then I will come back here and tell you how it went. I am not getting paid to review these curriculum or anything. I am just grabbing the free samples and trying them out. 

I also have about 6 months worth of Unit Studies I got from School Express that I can print off anytime the words, "I'm bored." escape someone's lips. MUAH-HA-HA..... That was my evil laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment