This year, I am doing letter of the week activities with our co-op preschoolers ages 3-5. I will be doing this all in one day, eight 10-15 minutes lessons, but you can spread it out through the week by choosing 2 or 3 activities per day from the links provided.
- Circle time: prayer, calendar, weather, sound box book, and sound box show and tell. (I will ask the kids to bring in something from home that starts with that weeks letter sound. At home you can simply fill a box with things around the house that begin with the letter sound.)
- Writing: I will pick 1 pre-writing activity and 1 writing activity page from the Confessions of a Homeschooler letter of the week curriculum.
- Science: Read a cute little story about an animal that starts with letter.
- Art: Decorate letter of the week; ideas from No Time For Flashcards.
- Bible: Prayer, Bible story from Brightly Beaming and verse from 1+1+1=1
- Math: activity from Confessions of a Homeschooler
- Social Studies: book about a person, place or job that starts with letter.
- Games: from the library or from home anything that works with that letter.