Saturday, June 9, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up




It has been a while since I did a show and tell.  We have finished up all of our curriculum for the year. For all intents and purposes, we are done for the year. However, because we ended the school year so early, I really want to keep the kids brains challenged. So we are doing a couple things through the summer. 

My 8yo and I are doing 1 math activity per day out of his Second Grader book. The lessons are very brief. They only take a couple minutes and then throughout the day I quiz him verbally on his knowledge. For the most part there is no seat work involved. He kind of enjoys the lessons and they keep his skills sharp. I also like that it reminds him of certain math words like addend, sum, bar graph, etc. 

I am reading a little bit from the Kindergarten book to my 6yo daily as well. Again the lessons are short and fun. This past year we did a letter of the week curriculum. We did not have time to study the 5 senses, or geography. So we are reading about those now. 

It is a nice way to start our day and it keeps us in the habit of doing school while we are on break. 

Have a blessed weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment