Sunday, August 25, 2013

Beach Buttons

We had such a full day today. We went to church and then we met some friends at the beach this afternoon. I am pretty tired so here are my happy moments real fast. 
  1. Skittles and Twizzler got ready for church on their own and I did not have to send them back to change their clothes. Since most Sundays involve a few wardrobe changes, this was a victory.
  2. We were not late for church. :D 
  3. Hershey went into the church nursery with no tears. 
  4. Skittles and Twizzler pointed out several things at the beach that we have been studying this week. We found the strandline, played in the intertidal zone, and watched a piping plover run around the waves. 
  5. Skittles and Twizzler surfed the waves on their boogie boards with their friends. 
  6. We discovered a "jellyfish." A blue button jellyfish. There were dozens washing on shore. The kids were playing with them. They are very beautiful creatures and seemed harmless enough until someone got stung. Nothing to serious from what I understand though. 
  7. I got to hang out with other grown-ups. :D 
  8. Tonight at bath time Hersey said his first sentence, "Mama, I sit." He even said it twice to be sure that I knew what was he was saying. After the bath he felt very chatty. I think I heard, "Mama, I dance," which was followed by a little 2 step. Then he started bringing me things and asking, "Mama, was dat?" 
  9. Hershey and I got to Skype with Grammy after the big boys went to bed. 
  10. Oh and Tiny was found. We think she may have tumbled off the plant and climbed back up. She looks a little worse for wear but she is safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment