Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 6 Game Night

I have decided to just leave my post page open all day and run on over here and write down whatever happy thing is going on when it happens. Before I get on with the happy stuff, we do have some sad news to relate. Poor Tiny did not make it and her brothers have gone missing AND our milkweed plant is dying.... I gave the plant to our friend who gave us the caterpillars. I think my location is just not conducive to raising plants or butterflies. On to the happy stuff... 
  1. Twizzler paid very close attention to the details of our history reading today. His oral narration was very thorough. 
  2. Skittles was able to track Columbus's voyage from Haiti to Spain on our map. 
  3. Skittles cursive is coming along. He has been so excited to begin. 
  4. A black racer snake crossed my path while I was going out to the car. I was able to introduce him to the kids for an impromptu natures study. 
  5. Twizzler did very well with his spelling words. Last year he had all rhyming words and word families. This year things are a bit more difficult but so far, he seems up to the challenge. 
  6. Hershey found my flashlight and learned how to turn it on. I am not sure if this is a good thing though.
Now we are going to have a family game night. I am letting the kids pick the game as I type this. Wish me luck. 





No comments:

Post a Comment