Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 18 September 11

I can't believe it has been 12 years since terrorists attacked our country. I feel safer today than I did 12 years ago but I think I speak for us all when I say, I don't think I will ever feel as safe as I did on September 10th, 2001. I also don't think our country has ever been as great as it was on September the 12th, 2001. Remember how we came together? I will never forget.

Skittles and Twizzler have been learning about the seasons, months, and dates in math. They have been struggling a bit so I made a worksheet for us to practice on. I had to make one because all the ones I found online LIED! They teach that winter is December, January, and February. That is a LIE Winter does not begin until Dec. 21 and end March 20! Why do they teach kids incorrectly for the first 3 years of school and then change it? Suddenly in fourth grade, they need to know the dates. Grrr..... Any way it took me a few days and I still did not have time to finish it but here is my worksheet. Feel free to take it and use it with your own kids. 
  1. Skittles wrote down the dates for the seasons and how many days were in each month. I had originally planned to have them write out the dates around the edge, 1-28/29, 30, or 31 but that would have been busy work. Ultimately they just need to know the number of days in each month. 
  2. Twizzler drew pictures of the seasons. He discovered that each person in our family was born in a different season. Hershey is a winter baby, Twizzler was born in the spring, I was born in the summer (my poor mother), and Skittles birthday is in a few weeks. 
  3. Skittles finished his biography today, a few days ahead of schedule. As a reward he does not have to do any reading for the rest of the week. :) 
  4. Our guinea pig loves to knock over her food bowl. Today Hershey decided to help her out by picking up every tiny piece of food and putting it back in the bowl. He clapped after every piece of food was cleaned up. She thanked him by giving him some really sweet cuddles. 
  5. We made it to the first night of Awana at our church tonight, just barely. I had forgotten about it completely. If it were not for a friend of mine posting about it on Facebook, we might have missed it altogether. That would have been a shame. We all look forward to Wednseday nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment