Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 23 Going to the Zoo Zoo Zoo....

I did not get home from our adventures last night until after midnight but we had an amazing day yesterday. 
  1. It was $2 Tuesday at a local zoo. It was an hour drive so after the boys finished their math, we packed up the other school work to be done and hit the road. They did English, science and history on the way. 
  2. We had a great time looking at the animals. Skittles favorite was the Jaguar. Twizzler liked the ant eater. I loved the Capybara family. (seriously they look like Giant Guinea pigs, I just want to take them home." Hershey seemed to love the vultures. To be fair the King Vulture is the prettiest vulture I have ever seen.... For a vulture anyway. 
  3. This zoo has a zipline course and Skittles struck up a conversation with one of the guides who gave us info on the course. Both of my big boys were chomping at the bit to get a chance to try it out. 
  4. We went to the splash park first. Really it is an amazing kiddie pool. The boys cooled off in the water right beside a wall of a giant fish tank. It is a really fun set up. 
  5. Then we went to the zipline course. Skittles and Twizzler had the best time on that course. I am so proud of them both. They are very brave.  

  6. After the zoo we went to my aunt and uncle's house. My Aunt made us a delicious dinner that my children devoured as if they had never eaten before. We had a wonderful time hanging out with them. When my cousin got home, we all bombarded him with questions, "Can you recommend a good laptop?" "How do I get to your house on Minecraft?" "How do I start a fire?" "hi hi hi hi hi" You can figure out for yourself who made which statement. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment