Saturday, November 2, 2013

Crazy Coupon Lady

I am trying to be more frugal which is pretty difficult considering I have always been a penny-pincher. Now I have started couponing. I think I am getting the hang of it. I went to Coupons.com and clipped all the coupons that I could use. Then I braved Walmart at noon on a Saturday WITH 3 KIDS! I don't know what I was thinking either. It was insane. Sometimes I think that there should be traffic laws used and enforced while operating a shopping cart.

  1. Stay to the right of the aisle just like driving in the car. 
  2. Stop at the end of each aisle and look both ways before proceeding. 
  3. ALWAYS use a seat belt if your child is sitting in the basket seat!!! Seriously! AND DON'T put infant carriers on the top of the cart!!! That is SOO dangerous! The American Academy of Pediatrics advises against it! CHILDREN HAVE DIED!
  4. Shopping carts should have turn signals. I feel like I am spend the whole trip saying, "excuse me, pardon me, May I get by?" by the time I leave a crowded store I have exhausted all of the politeness within me for the rest of the day. 
  5. You must be old enough to see over the cart in order to push it around the store. I admit to breaking this law many times and I have bruises all over my heels to prove it. 
By the time I got to the registers, my cart was full, my kids were cranky, and my patience was thin. The lines for the registers were ridiculous so I thought I would short cut things if I went through self check out.... WRONG!!! Every time I scanned an item and placed it in the bagging area the machine would say, "Unexpected item in bagging area please remove the item and try again. So I would pick it up and it would say, "Would you like to bag this item? If not press, 'I don't want to bag this item.'" Try doing that with an entire cart full of groceries and 3 grumpy kids, one of whom is strapped to your chest and hitting you in the face while signing for milk. Then the cashier came over and told me I should have gone to a register because I have too much stuff. I shot her a look and said, "I need to get out of here," through gritted teeth. I think she got the message because she brought me a second cart and tried to help me out a little. When I got to the end, I pulled out my coupons and tried to scan. NONE of them worked. The cashier couldn't get them to scan either. She needed a manager to come enter in the coupons manually. After 45 minutes and no sign of the manager, I canceled the whole sale and left the store.... 

I think I know how the coupon lady went crazy.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment