Thursday, January 9, 2014

Math Flashback

Twizzler has struggled through math for the past couple of days. Not because he is not understanding the concept but because he is not taking the time to write out the math problems on paper. He is stubborn and refusing to accept that he can't do long addition and subtraction in his head. The fact that he can do it some of the time is making it even harder for me to convince him to write out the math problems before punching in his answers. So today I copied his math out onto paper for him. After about 20 minutes of, "It's too hard! I HATE this! I can't do it!" He finally sat down and did it. SIGH.... It was exhausting though and I was having flashbacks to my childhood. Thanks a lot mom for that curse, "I hope your kids are just like you."

  1. Hershey came to me and said, "Mom poop go." I asked him if he wanted to use the potty and he nodded yes and said, "HURRY." Sure enough we went in there and he pooped on the potty. 
  2. Skittles was very motivated to get his school work done so that he could play Minecraft with a friend. 
  3. Twizzler peeled the carrots for me to cut for dinner. I am thankful for the help because Hershey and Skittles were both demanding my attention at the time. 
I realize these are not exactly school related highlights but they are my positive moments today. Sometimes it is not so much what we are learning that makes this homeschool happy but just being able to focus on the happy moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment