Monday, March 24, 2014

Sew Much Fun


  1. Twizzler got an A on his math. He was very proud of himself and announced his score with his hand in the air ready for a high five. 
  2. Skittles started reading a new book. Henry and Ribsy by Beverly Cleary. I LOVE Bevelry Cleary books. When I was a kid, I read all of the Ramona series.
  3. Hershey and I read a book about feelings a few times. By the third time through he was able to "read" it to me. 
  4. In DC4K we learned about money. We learned about the difference between a want and a need. We talked about wasting money on things like leaving the light on when you are not in the room, buying junk food, and toys. Under needs, Twizzler wrote, "Mommy." That made my night. :D
  5. Tonight when I told Hershey, "I love you." He replied, "I know." I said, "You know?" He said, "Uh huh, I make you happy." Then he gave me a big hug. 
  6. Since I had the afternoon free, I was able to get some sewing done. Twizzler was watching me very intently so I asked him if he wanted to try. He jumped at the chance. 
  7. Skittles has been asking to sew for about a year now. I have been starting him out with some hand stitching but today I let him try the machine. He sewed an entire soaker with just a little bit of help from me. He even pinned the material before stitching. 
When we were done I had 5 handmade soakers ready to go in the diapers I have been working on. 
        
Skittles asked me why I like sewing. I told him it is fun to me. It relaxes me and takes my mind off of the stress I am usually obsessing over. I love that when I am done, I have created something that is useful. It is special too because I made it myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment