Monday, May 5, 2014

Manipulatives


  1. We did school by the pool again. It is awesome motivation to have the pool right there just waiting for a cannonball. 
  2. Skittles wrote a story about his favorite present in cursive. He is such a sweetheart... 
                          Or he is trying to manipulate me into taking him to the pool more often. He has not learned how to write a capitol S yet which is why he wrote them lower case. 
  3. Twizzler was getting frustrated with multiplying multiple numbers like, 3x3x6. He was getting lost in the extra steps. So I pulled out the old manipulatives. I had him make 3 chains with 3 links each. He got 9 links. Then I had him make 6 more chains just like that. He got 54 links. 
  4. While Twizzler was counting links, Hershey was counting blocks. He got all the way to 9 with a little help from Twizzler. 
  5. Hershey also learned how to kick his float around the pool. For the first time ever, he was able to follow his brothers around in the water. He was very proud of himself. 
In not-so-happy news, at dinner Twizzler told me his throat hurt too much to eat. I checked his temperature and it was 102. I ran him to the pediatrician and sure enough he has strep. I just spent the last 2 hours cleaning and disinfecting my house. I hope no one else in the house catches it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment