- Day 1 was spent on the road. Twizzler kept track of the states we drove through and Skittles learned how to read a map.
- Day 2 we went to a pirate festival. The boys learned about the different types of weapons pirates used.
- Day 3 was Sunday. We went to church. The boys all loved Auntie's church. Skittles teacher was very impressed. I loved the church too.
- Day 4 we went kayaking in Auntie's pond.
- Day 5 was beach day and even though we were 600 miles away we went to the beach. Auntie took us to Yorktown.
- Day 6 we went to the mall to meet up with a couple of my Cafemom friends. Our babies were all born in March 2012. I brought my nephew. There were 2 year old boys all over the place. It was pretty neat.
- Day 7 we went to Jamestown settlement. We mapped the voyage and toured the boats that carried the English to Virginia. The boys recognized the type of fences that they built with their Lincoln Logs.
- On day 8 we drove all the way up to Rhode Island. We got to hang out with Mom's family. We all went camping for the first few days. We made yummy dinner by the campfire.
- Hershey learned how to peddle a bicycle with training wheels. He spent most of the trip going from one riding toy to the next.
- I got to spend a lot of time with my nephews. The twins, who are only 10 months old have decided to follow in their father, (my brother's) footsteps, figuratively speaking anyway. They learned to walk while I was there.
- The rest of the vacation is a blur. It was relaxation mixed with fellowship, silliness, and a touch of stomach flu. Twizzler got sick on the 5th day and was sick for the rest for the vacation. Poor kid was so sick that he could not leave the bed for a few days. On our last day there, he was so sad that he had missed out on most of the vacation. Grampy built a fire in the back yard and Grammy laid out a cot for him to rest on while we sat by the fire.
- We got very lucky with our journey home. We were able to avoid most of the traffic. We stayed the night at Auntie's house on our way home. It was a LONG journey and like all adventures there is nothing quite like coming home at the end of it.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
There And Back Again
We kept learning everyday even while we were far away. Here are some fun things we learned while on vacation.