Thursday, August 14, 2014

A is for...


We got all of our school work done before lunch today. This curriculum is very full for the first 2-3 days but by Thursday the workload is much lighter and by Friday, we will only have reading, writing, and math. That is going to make our co-op days very easy. We will not have a full day of school work to complete after doing a full day of work at co-op. 
  • In Language lessons today, Skittles copied the first stanza of the poem Market Square by A.A.Milne. Twizzler and I read our Robert Frost poem again and then he gave me an oral narration about what the poem was about. Hershey colored a picture of an accordion because it starts with the letter A.
  • In math the boys entered in the answers from the work they did yesterday. This method seems to be working for us. They do the work one day and then the next day they enter in the answers to the computer and correct any mistakes they made. Skittles got an 83% it would have been a high grade but he entered the wrong answer twice even though he had the correct answer on his paper. Twizzler got a 91%. Hershey colored a circle. 
  • Twizzler learned to write the letters 'Ii' in cursive. Skittles wrote his 4th sentence. Both boys are doing a beautiful job. I like that the lessons are so short and easy. No one has complained about a hand cramp or complained that it is too much work. I can't say enough good things about Queen's Pictures in Cursive
  • In history, Skittles wrote a brief narration about God's creation including what is His most treasured creation of all, us. Hershey and I worked on memorizing his bible verse and colored a picture of the earth. 
  • I gave the boys their spelling test today. Both of them got every word correct! WOOT! 
  • In science the boys looked up what a sector and a canopy are related to forestry. It was not an easy task. I made Skittles do the research. I wrote the definitions on the whiteboard for Twizzler to copy and asked him to draw a picture to go with the definitions. 
  • Skittles read about Australia's toad problem in reading. Then he had to answer some questions.
Remember when I said I had a plan for Hershey's coloring pages? Today I cut out all of the pictures that Hershey colored this week that began with the letter A. Then in the back of his binder I put 26 pages out of an old magnetic photo album. I helped him arrange the pictures onto the page under his letter A. It was great because there was no messy glue required and it is very sturdy and protected so it will last us all year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment