Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Reason to homeschool #8

Remember my list about why I homeschool? I gave seven reasons why I homeschool but that list is always growing so I thought I would add something new to my blog. Whenever I am reminded of one more reason that I love homeschooling I am going to add it to my list. So here is #8... I love getting to cuddle up on my bed with my kids during our reading lessons.



We had a smooth school day. I think the kids knew that I was really having a hard time today and I did not have the energy to fight with them.

  • Both boys spelled every word in their dictation sentences correctly. 
  • I read a poem to Twizzler and Hershey by Robert Frost for their Language Lesson. Skittles wrote a few facts that he knows about guinea pigs. Aside from a few absent punctuation marks and a couple of misspelled words, he did very well. Luckily he has a guinea pig of his own to study. 
  • In Science they colored a map of the USA showing where White Oak trees are indigenous. 
  • In history we read about Cain killing Abel. Then we read about how Adam and Eve's family expanded up to the time of Noah. In their journal pages they had to choose an animal that disproves evolution. I am not sure if we got the answer that the author intended. They chose sharks because sharks have been around since the 5th day of creation and they have not changed. They also drew a map of the fertile crescent and labeled the current countries around it. 
  • Hershey colored a picture of an airplane because airplane starts with A. 
  • Twizzler read to Hershey and I in my bed. Skittles and I worked on correcting the mistakes that he made on his reading comprehension page yesterday. 
  • They spent their math time today correcting yesterday's work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment