On Monday we found a family of squirrels who are nesting in my grandparents front porch.
Yesterday our security guard called us over during our nightly walk to show us a huge purple, great land crab.
Today during park day Skittles caught a very pretty little brown anole lizard.
Whenever we find a new critter, we observe it for awhile and then we look it up in our Florida Field Guide. Sometimes we have to run a Google search to learn more. We have made our best nature discoveries by accident.
- Skittles math lesson today was on addition and subtraction. He got a 100%. Twizzler aced a quiz. Hershey played with the unifix cubes.
- Skittles learned what a limerick is in Language. Twizzler learned that a sentence always begins with a capital letter.
- In history we read about the Rosetta Stone. Then they drew a picture of it in their journals along with a list of things they have learned about Egypt.
- In science we read about how to prepare food stores for the winter. We read a recipe on how to dry fruits. I think that Florida is too humid to attempt drying them out naturally. So I am going to look up how to do it in the oven. I found a pin with instructions.
- Hershey colored a drum to add to his D page.