- Skittles and Twizzler worked some more on capitalizing in their Language Lessons. Hershey colored a picture of eggs because they start with E.
- Hershey played with parquetry blocks for math today. He was able to bring me a square, triangle, and a circle upon request. Twizzler learned about the metric system. Skittles worked on rounding and estimating.
- In writing Twizzler learned how to write a cursive P and p. He struggled with the p. We had to erase and retrace it several times.
- In history we read about Buddha. He was a prince who helped people who were suffering and taught others to be kind. He was so good that people began to revere him as a god. The boys journaled about Buddha and drew a picture of an act of kindness.
- Twizzler practiced his spelling words with his friend. He got almost all of them correct. I think the daily oral review is as important as the written portion of the lesson. When they do misspell a word, I write it on the board so they can see it spelled correctly.
- In science we read about the directions of a compass. Then they faced their compasses north and labeled it with the objects around the room at each direction point.
- They both read another chapter in their Star Wars books. This mom geek is proud.
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
This morning I woke up and mixed some salsa and some taco seasoning together and poured it over some chicken breasts in my crockpot. My house has smelled delicious all day. I just added some black beans to the mix and will be serving it in about an hour with some cheese and lettuce in a soft taco shell. Yummy.