Sunday, September 21, 2014

Who Cares?

I know that God cares about my children's education because He has worked out all the details. When I changed curriculum, I did so very prayerfully. I did not know if I was about to step off of a cliff. The nice thing about homeschooling is that you can choose what you teach and how you teach your children. But that freedom can be overwhelming. Especially when you only want to do what is the best for your children. There are many reasons that I homeschool, #1 being that I want them to get the best education possible. So choosing a curriculum or making a change to what I am already using is scary. It requires faith, so I prayed and I prayed for weeks. I lost sleep. I finally decided to take the leap of faith and do what God was telling me to do. I switched to Queen homeschool supplies. I am amazed each week at the things God has worked out. 
Our entire church is doing a 31 week bible study called The Story. We are reading through the bible in chronological order from creation to revelations. Of course we are studying world history right now with ALHOW IV. Our lessons have been lining up with our history studies perfectly. This week we are learning about Joseph at home and at church.
In math Twizzler is learning about the days of the week and months of the year. This just so happens to line up exactly with his Language Lessons this week.
  • The older boys went to Trail Life this afternoon. 
  • Hershey and I finished his letter F page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment