Monday, October 27, 2014

History Notebooking Pages

In case you have been wondering what happened to me the past couple of weeks, I have gone back to work. That is making it hard for me to keep up with the blog. We are still keeping up with school work though.

Last week in history they learned about Moses leading the people out of Egypt.
In science they learned about the different kinds of trees and their uses.
Skittles learned how to write a letter in Language Lessons and Twizzler learned how to find the subject in a sentence.

  • This week we are taking a pause with our ALHOW history book and taking the opportunity to dive in and study a little bit more about Ancient Egypt from The Story of the World Vol 1.  I am not interested in using SOTW as my main history book because I prefer Queens story telling and journal. I just really love ancient history and since there are only 28 chapters in ALHOW and we are not going to be doing review weeks, I thought a brief layover in Egypt would not be a bad idea. To be clear, I have not changed curriculum, I am just reading something different THIS week. Today we read about how the Egyptians over threw the Nubian people and after taking their gold, they absorbed them into their culture. There was even a Nubian Queen, Queen Tiye. Since I do not have journal pages, I made my own page for them to write a quick narration about what we read. 



We do history 4 days per week but I made one for a 5 day week also in case anyone wants to use it. 


These are 100% free for you to use. Just right click on them and save them as an image to your picture folder. Then you can print them as an 8x11 sheet (full page).
  • In language today, Twizzler learned how to find the predicate in a sentence. Skittles addressed an envelope to his great grandmother. 
  • We read the final chapter in the story of Mother Oak and Oakie the acorn. He is now a sapling and his mother tree has been cut down to be re-purposed. After the reading the boys looked up a mocking bird in the field guide and drew a picture of it and wrote down some of the facts about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment