Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hard Work

Skittles and Twizzler spent a good chunk of the day with friends while I was at work. We only had 2 hours to get school done before we had to be at church but the boys worked really hard and got most of it done.
  • Once again they started a math lesson but did not get to finish it. 
  • Twizzler only misspelled one of his word during his oral review in spelling. 
  • Skittles worked quietly on his own and was able to get his reading, writing, language lessons, and most of his science done on his own. 
  • Twizzler had to draw a velociraptor in science. The first time he tried to do it on his own and it just looked like a blob of wavy lines. So I erased that and with a blue pen, I drew the simple shapes that made up the dinosaur. Then I had him trace my shapes and then redraw them himself. Once he had those shapes drawn out, I showed him how to connect it and make it into a picture. I think it turned out pretty good. I am not sure what happened to his legs though. You can see where he had drawn the shapes for the legs but then erased them and opted for the tiny feet instead. I find the legs to be adorable. 
 
  • Skittles and Twizzler worked on their Awana books on the way to church. Skittles earned a badge tonight. Twizzler completed another chapter and will get his badge next week or so I am told. I am so proud of them. Last year they did not even come close to completing their books. This year they were SERIOUS about getting it done. They are working so hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment