Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Odyssey


  • The big kids finished up the math lessons they started yesterday. I hope they don't get used to this half pace. We are going to kick it back up to full speed tomorrow. 
  • In history we read about Odysseus and the Cyclops. 

That was always one of my favorite stories when I was young. I even wrote a song about it when I was in high school. ♫ Ridin' on the belly of a lamb ♪ haha. After dinner I told them about a few more of Odysseus' adventures. I always thought that the story of him reuniting with his wife was very romantic.

  • In science, Twizzler researched Kangaroos and answered some questions about them.  I am so proud of him, Once I showed him how to find the website, he was able to find the answers on his own. He was very amazed that a newborn kangaroo is only 1 inch but they grow to be 6 ft tall. He also did a bit of geography by finding Australia on our world map. 

No comments:

Post a Comment