Friday, January 9, 2015

Stuff Happens

We did not do school today.

Stuff happened.

Like when I went to put my phone on the charger last night. I stepped on my glasses.


People, I was DEVASTATED!!! I have been wearing glasses since I was 9 years old and I had never loved a pair of glasses before them. I never even liked a pair before. I mean, I would wear my glasses to school and shove them in my desk and squint for the rest of the day. I hated them. I started wearing contacts at 13 years old. I only kept a pair of glasses around for when I was at home. I never wore them in public. If you have just gotten to know me in the past 2 years, you might not believe that though because I put these glasses on in November 2012 and I did not take them off again except to sleep, shower, and swim. I LOVED them. They looked good, felt good, and I could see better than I have ever seen before. (SIGH) Then I stepped on them. 

Stuff happens. 

I have plenty to be thankful for though. 
  • We went to our co-op Christmas party today. I really just cant even tell you how much fun we had. It was a blast. I walked in feeling grumpy and sad and I left with a smile on my face and in my heart. The kids were all gleeful too. 
  • My grandparents are so amazing and kept my kids while I went to the eye doctor. They are such a blessing. My Nana even cooked a delicious dinner for us. 
  • My insurance covered my eye exam and most of my contacts Rx. Yes, I said contacts. I am going to get new glasses too but I need contacts when I take the kids swimming so I got them. Also I have heard that I can get glasses for cheap online. I was able to find a pair of frames to fit my old lenses for pretty cheap and they did that for me while I was there so I do have glasses to wear. They are not as beautiful as my old pair but they will do. 
  • We went to Worship by the Sea tonight. It was great and I loved the message. I am thankful that no one seemed to mind that Hershey was all over the place and loud.  
  • I am thankful for my bed. If you have ever driven through downtown Daytona Beach at night, you may have seen homeless people there. They hang out in front of the stores begging for money or sleeping on benches. One young guy tried to get my attention tonight but a woman with him said, "No! No! She's got kids with her, We don't take food out of kids mouths. That is rule number one!" I found it interesting but I was thankful that I am able to put food into the mouths of my babies. I can assure you it is not by my doing at all though. God has been our sole provider Since July. He is always faithful and He is never late.  

No comments:

Post a Comment