Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekend Update

This week has been so crazy. I have no idea how I was able to keep up with this blog. I am determined. 

Saturday we went to the Lowes Build and Grow Workshop. It was safety day. After they built their firetrucks, we got to walk around and see all sorts of safety helpers and equipment. They climbed in a firetruck, ambulance, Red cross truck, and Coast Guard boat. They also got to sit on a beach patrol jet ski and strangely, Santa's lap. I am not sure what he was doing in Florida in September but Hershey really wanted to say hi. He was equally fond of McGruff the crime dog. He gave him a big hug and showed him he firetruck we built. For the rest of the day when he saw him he yelled, "THERE MY DOGGY FRIEND!" I also got the kids finger printed and photographed for the year. I have their info in a safe place in case I ever have to file a missing child's report. I hope I never have to use it.

After the safety day we met with family for lunch and spent the afternoon with them. 

We went to church Saturday evening and learned about Moses. A lot of people think that Ramses was the pharaoh from the Exodus story but the facts all point to Thutmose III being the correct pharaoh. It makes so much more sense. Thutmose and Moses are similar names which was common with Egyptian brothers. Also Thutmose III's eldest son died before he would ever reign as pharaoh. Oh and a bunch of archaeological finds from the period of his reign point to the evidence of the plagues. History is so cool. 

Today I had a lazy morning. For those of you do not know what that means, see the definition of a lazy day here.  Then we went to a birthday party for the afternoon. This evening I ran to Walmart to get material for the boys Halloween costumes and coolant for my busted radiator. I wish I could say it was a quick trip like it SHOULD have been. But I did say it was Walmart so it might not surprise you that it took over an hour and a half. Luckily I had something easy to make for dinner. We had homemade burritos. The kids were happy with them anyway. 

AAAAANNND... I am ready to collapse but I have to go through all their school work for this week and pack backpacks to take to the dentist tomorrow. I am sure we will be there all day so we may as well get our work done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment